Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ted Bevelacqua

"Ted Bevelacqua - Congrats on being a recepient of the Award of Merit and placed in the USA Water Ski Hall of Fame. The American Kneeboard Association is proud to have representation in the Hall of Fame."

All I can say is, its about time!!! I could very well be mistaken but, the last time I was at the USA Waterski Hall of Fame, there wasn't ANY kneeboarders recognized with an Award of Merit. But now that they finally wisened up and took notice to our discipline... they seriously couldn't have picked a better athlete or better person.

I had the pleasure of meeting Ted, getting lessons, riding with, and watching him ride many many years ago. Lets just say that him, myself and Nick Sauls all were closing in on making 100 laps around lake Red Water... and after Nick and myself had to stop because we were so sore. Ted finished off his couple laps by throwing the biggest frontflips you've ever seen in your life. You might be thinking, "I don't know I've seen some pretty big frontflips"... No, trust me you haven't. Did I mention the wake was small too? And when you watch him ride, you know that there isn't a soul in the world that is more happy and stoked than he is in that moment.

Some people break records, others make history, but true legends break history. Congrats man you deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Pages