Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Money on my Mind






The really cool thing about kneeboarding is that I can guarantee you that nobody and I mean NOBODY does it for the money. Infact many of us spend a ton of money and time just to go to an event, HAVE FUN WITH FRIENDS and leave and anxiously await till the next one to do the same thing.

But hypothetically, (lets jump into the imaginary world where kneeboarders are paid grossly ridiculous amounts of money and we're all still complaining because we're not getting paid enough...sounds funny doesn't it). If there was any money in kneeboarding events....

I don't like the winner takes all idea. Its weird that Parks' event was done that way, because Parks mentioned in a previous interview that he hates that 1st-3rd get paid ridiculously well and the guys that still shred and spend so much money to compete would get paid jack in comparison. Those athletes either break even or they spend more to go to an event and lose. Contests should take more from the top and spread more of it down. That way the guys that don't make podium would still be motivated to actually compete. Hopefully if theres ever an oppotrunity to win money at a kneeboard event, I hope its spread out fairly amongst the competitors. Everyone's happy.

Snap back to Reality. We may or maynot ever see money in a kneeboard contest. Personally could care less. I mean it would be cool and helpful for me, but its not like it'll ever replace the reason I ride.

Funny thing happened today, someone asked me how much money I make if I win a kneeboard event. They were baffled when I proudly gave them the answer. All for the Passion. :)

Spread the Stoke and keep riding for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Pages